Tuesday 24 May 2011

Showers of Happiness

This past weekend my Mom & Sister (and awesome MOH) threw me a fabulous bridal shower at Danfords Hotel & Marina in Port Jefferson, NY.


We had the most adorable little private room, the Harborview, decorated with royal blue napkins & mini potted plants with shovels that doubled as the favors. Isn't that a cute idea! I can't take credit for it though, it was all my Mom.


Champagne punch, fruit & cheese and delicious cake kept us satisfied before the catered lunch while fun games, great conversation and a ton of gift opening kept us entertained.


I'm still slightly in shock over the sheer amount of gifts we received!


The coveted KitchenAid mixer is now mine, it's a staple in every cook's kitchen and I can't wait to put it to good use!



My adorable little cousin Jessica made a wishing well with all the kitchen essentials. Spatulas, scrapers, ice cream scoops and so much more. It's safe to say we now have a very well stocked kitchen and can finally get rid of some stuff that we've been using since college haha.

Shower games got everyone laughing when I was quizzed with trivia questions about the Future Hubs. Out of 15 questions, I got 10 right. Not bad?



My Sister gave a beautiful speech thanking all the guests for coming and we descended into girl talk for the remainder of the party.


It was an absolutely perfect day! My friend Kat even drove up from Maryland to attend! and of course, I want to say a special thank you to my Sis & Mom for all their planning.

 For details on my shower outift check out this post and look out for more details on the shower games later in the week as a guest post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f